Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Sparks

"The Best of Me", a movie adapted from a book by one of my favourite authors Nicholas Sparks, is a love story between Amanda and Dawson. It captured the enduring power of first true love, the elusive second chance (after fate kept them apart for years yet they never stopped loving each other), and the unexpected ending (what a tear-jerker!).

Tuck, the one who reunited them, wrote in his letter to Dawson (about the connection he saw between Dawson and Amanda), "There's a lot of magic between you two. Ain't no denying that. And magic makes forgetting hard."; In his letter to Amanda (and I love the imagery he used) Tuck said, "Pain has deep roots. The only way to dig it out is to forgive." Go watch the movie (I'm not about to spoil the plot for you!).

If I could write a book, story of my life, I wondered how the ending would be? Just a thought! Anyway, it has been awhile since I picked up a book by Nicholas Sparks. Might just get back to reading (food for the soul, fuel for the mind) again, a hobby I love since I could remember ❤ 

No comments: